- 1 L1 Pro Family
- 1.1 Documentation
- 1.2 L1 Pro Firmware
- 1.3 Resources
- 1.4 Articles
- 1.5 Comparing Specifications
- 1.6 Quick Tips
- 2 Sub1/Sub2
- 3 Bose Music App / L1 Mix App
- 4 ToneMatch Mixers
- 5 Other Bose Portable PA Products
The L1 Pro models share a common user interface and the L1 Mix app. This page has links to resources for all three models and the Bose products that integrate with them.
L1 Pro Family
Bose Pro announced the Bose L1 Pro line, October 26, 2020.
L1 Pro Technical Data Sheets
- L1 Pro8 Technical Data Sheet
- L1 Pro16 Technical Data Sheet
- L1 Pro32 Technical Data Sheet
- Sub1 Technical Data Sheet
- Sub2 Technical Data Sheet
L1 Pro Self-Serve Support
L1 Pro Firmware
L1 Pro Family Selection Guide (product comparison)
Choosing the L1 Pro System That's Right for You (Youtube) / (Facebook livecast)
Bose L1 Pro Technical Training Videos
L1 Pro and the Mobile DJ - video
Bose Pro Portable PA Community
L1 Pro Technical Certification Course (no charge, but you must register)
Should I get an L1 Pro8 or L1 Pro16?
Should I get an L1 Pro16 or L1 Pro32?
Do I Need to Upgrade from the L1 Compact to the L1 Pro8?
Do I Need to Upgrade from the L1 Model II to the L1 Pro32?
Which L1 Pro for Singer/Songwriter/Electric Guitarist
T1 Compatibility With L1 Pro Systems
L1 Pro and SimpleSync Connect L1 Pro to Bose Smart Speaker Group
L1 Pro32 Separating the Sections of the Mid-High Array
Comparing L1 Pro Models
Bose L1 Pro8 Compared to L1 Pro16
Bose L1 Pro16 Compared to L1 Pro32
Comparing L1 Pro Power Stands to Subs
Legacy to L1 Pro Models
Bose L1 Compact Compared to L1 Pro8
Bose L1 Model 1S Compared to L1 Pro16
Bose L1 Model II Compared to L1 Pro32
L1 Pro Line Out
The XLR Line Output from any L1 Pro contains the sound from all inputs (1, 2, 3, Bluetooth, and ToneMatch Port). That includes
- ToneMatch Presets
- Tone Controls
- The signal from a ToneMatch mixer connected to the ToneMatch port including ToneMatch Presets, zEQ, Reverb, Effects.
The sound is NOT affected by the L1 Pro System EQ setting.
L1 Pro Daisy Chain
Want to connect one or more L1 Pro systems together? See L1 Pro Daisy Chain
L1 Pro System EQ
The System EQ feature on the L1 Pro systems applies an EQ preset to the master output. This is similar to a graphic equalizer on traditional analogue mixers, but it uses four presets instead for quick access. read more — L1 Pro System EQ
L1 Pro32 Half Stack
- Can I operate the L1 Pro32 with only the lower section of the line array?
- Sometimes there is not sufficient height to use the full array
- The L1 Pro32 can be used without the upper array. This configuration is useful when a venue ceiling cannot accommodate the height of the L1 Pro32
Source: Page 7 of the L1 Pro32 Owners Guide
- For best results, ensure array is at ear level for listeners
- Unlike the L1 Model II, the L1 Pro32 automatically adjusts the level of the bass output to maintain the appropriate spectral balance.
- It’s a valid use case to use only the bottom array section. In fact, the EQ automatically adjusts to compensate.
Craig Small - Bose
- Half Stack Not Recommended for Small Gigs
Running only the lower section of the Line Array is a workaround when there isn't enough ceiling clearance to use both sections. For small gigs, turn down the volume on the L1 Pro32, don't run without the top section of the array because
- You'll need to elevate the system so the array is at ear level for the audience. Otherwise, the sound will be muffled
- You will reduce your projection over distance. The sound will drop off more over distance.
- You may need to turn up the volume louder than if you were using the full array. As a result, you increase the likelihood of feedback.
Bose Music App / L1 Mix App
- March 2023 - The L1 Mix App is replaced by the Bose Music App
- Note: If you currently use the L1 Mix App, you may see a message that says to switch to the Bose Mix App. If you're not ready to do that (e.g., you're at a gig), tap the X to dismiss the message so you can continue with the L1 Mix App.
Firmware version 3.0.0 is required to use the new app.
For more details about the firmware update see: L1 Pro Firmware
- Introduction to the Bose Music App
It's L1 Pro control in your pocket. With the Bose Music app, you can access intuitive, wireless control of your Bose L1 Pro portable PA system.
Run your finger up and down over the dials (as though they were sliders). Don't try to follow the curve.
Engineered with a powerful DSP engine and intuitive user control, the T4S/T8S ToneMatch mixers offer studio-quality EQ, dynamics and effects. Sound great with integrated BoseToneMatch processing and zEQ, especially when connected to a Bose L1 or F1 system for full end-to-end tonal control.
read more — T4S/T8S ToneMatch® Mixers